To kick off 2018 we challenged Adam, our Executive Head Chef, to come up with a quick and easy, yet healthy recipe. He travelled through central India a few years ago and came back with a delicious Palak Paneer Curry recipe, which he learnt from a local woman.
500g spinach puree (made using blended spinach leaves, with the stalks removed)
1 beef tomato
6 cloves garlic
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp cream
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp garam masala
3 tbsp sunflower oil
1. Chop the tomato into a rough dice.
2. Finely chop garlic.
3. Heat oil and fry the garlic for a minute.
4. Add the tomato and cook down for two minutes.
5. Add turmeric, chilli and salt and cook for two minutes.
6. Combine the spices and tomato with the spinach puree.
7. Add the cream, milk and butter and heat for a further two minutes.
8. Finally add the paneer and garam masala and cook for five minutes.
You could also try adding cooked chicken or button mushrooms to the cooked curry.